Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Do you think I'm intelligent enough for college?

I think you have a very dry sense of humor and I like it. You don't say where you live or went to school, but wherever it was, it was not a school system that was good for you or your abilities. If you had been born into a weathy family you would not be having these problems. Yes, i believe you can succeed in college. You write well and in an organized manner, which is pretty much the most important thing they look for. If you can read half-way decently(and I suppose you can since you passed your GED on the first try) you should be alright. The big problem you are facing, which is not at all unusual for a young person, is finding out what you want to do with your life, and working at Taco Bell is probably not it. I have no suggestions there, except to tell you that it took my own daughter until the age of 26 to decide that she wanted to work in the medical field because she felt that she could really make a difference in people's lives in that area and that would make her feel that her life mattered. I am a teacher for the same reason and my husband became a firefighter for the same reason and one of my students went into EMS for the same reason. I think you need to find some field that will make you feel that your being ther will make a difference to even just one life. But if you don't have any direction yet, start with a community college general program. I know they can be boring, but they train you in research skills and writing skills, which any program will need. You will be find once you find your path. /be patient and keep your eyes open. Your path is out there somewhere and you will find it. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment